This is the second interview in our Entrepreneur and Family-Owned Business Interview Series.
These interviews are designed to help entrepreneurs and family businesses think through the benefits, implications, and consequences of taking outside investment.
As part of the project, I am interviewing private equity fund managers, middle-market investment bankers, attorneys, accountants, and consultants that advise privately held firms.
This interview is with Stacy Feiner, PsyD, a business psychologist with over 20 years experience coaching middle-market business owners through complex dynamics. Stacy has designed a system that helps grow and transition companies.
In this interview, Stacy brings forth a number of key insights that should be helpful to any company considering bringing in outside investment, or just looking to grow, including:
- How a transaction is also a transition (and how that transition needs to begin before the transaction);
- Alternative ways to build and acquire intellectual capital;
- Building business maturity before seeking outside capital;
- Talent management and upgrading, and;
- The parallel development path of the entrepreneur and the business.
You can access the interview transcript here.